Food for People

The Food Bank for Humboldt County

After School Snack Program

Looking for help?

Below is a list of our After School Snack sites for the August 2016-June 2017 school year.

A note from a child in the After School Snack Program: "Dear Food for People, Thank you for our snacks. My Favorite snack is everything."
Site NameAddressServing TimeDates
B+G Teen Center3015 J St., EurekaM-F 3:40-4:10Aug 26 - Jun 16
Boys and Girls Club3117 Prospect Ave., EurekaM 1:30-2:30 & T-F 2:20-3:20Aug 26 - Jun 16
Bridgeville38717 Kneeland Rd., BridgevilleM-F 4-4:30Aug 26 - Jun 16
Dream Quest100 Country Club Dr., Willow CreekM-F 4-5Aug 26 - Jun 16
FUN Play Center1011 Waterfront Dr., Eureka M,W 10:30-10:45Aug 26 - Jun 16
North Coast Learning Academy2020 Campton Rd., Eureka M-TH 2:45-3:15Aug 26 - Jun 16
Redwood Prep 1355 Ross Hill Rd., FortunaM-F 3:10-3:30 & 3:45-4Aug 26 - Jun 16
McKinleyville Teen Center1705 Gwinn Rd., McKinleyvilleM-F 4:00-5:00Aug 26 - Jun 16
Sequoia Park Zoo3414 W Street, EurekaM 2-2:40 & T-F 3:00-3:40Aug 26 - Jun 16
Willow Brook1200 Ross Hill Rd., FortunaM-TH 2:20-2:30Aug 26 - Jun 16

More about the After School Snack Program

Our After School Snack Program was initiated in October 2006 and provides healthy snacks at various qualifying school and youth programs around Humboldt County for up to 400 children per day. The program is essential for children in need to complete their homework and after-school activities successfully, without the stress of hunger. Last fiscal year we distributed nearly 57,000 snacks at 13 sites. Many of the sites are also partners in our Children’s Summer Lunch Program.

For more information, please contact Food for People’s Child Nutrition Programs Coordinator at (707) 445-3166 extension 309.


The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

“USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”