A flavorful way to cook Sablefish (Black Cod) or other kinds of fish!
1 pound Black Cod or Sablefish (cut into four filets or pieces)
1 pound broccoli florets (or green beans, Brussels sprouts, caulifower, snap peas, etc.)
6 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (low sodium, if possible)
3 tablespoons honey (or brown sugar or coconut sugar)
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional--just used for flavor)
4 cloves garlic (grated or minced--or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
1 teaspoon ginger powder (or 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated)
1 lime juice and zest (from 1 whole lime--or 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar)
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or fresh chopped chili pepper)
optional toppings (chopped green onion, cilantro, sesame seeds, fresh lime juice)
- Thaw fish overnight in the refrigerator. Once thawed, rinse with cool water, cut into 4 portions and dry off filets with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, lime and pepper flakes.
- Use half of the sauce to marinate the fish for 1 hour or overnight.
- Once marinated, use the remaining sauce to coat the veggies on a baking tray, then roast at 425°F for about 20 minutes, or until caramelized and tender.
- Remove veggies from tray and onto the same tray, add the fish, leaving space between each piece. Cook fish for about 15-20 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F. It will be naturally oily, tender, flaky and solid white all the way through.
- Serve with steamed rice, roasted vegetables and optional toppings. Watch out for bones. Enjoy!